Family Dentist Accepting New Patients in Anaheim Hills CA
If you have any dental-related questions or concerns contact MySmile Dental Care today! We offer a wide variety of dental services including general and cosmetic services and the specialized treatment of conditions such as sleep apnea and more. We are also accepting new patients. Contact us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 5568 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd, Anaheim Hills, CA 92807.
Table of Contents:
What should my oral hygiene regimen be?
How often do I need a dental exam and cleaning?
Do I have any dental health conditions I should know about?
Do I need any dental treatments?
Are you accepting new patients at MySmile Dental Care?
As with any healthcare professional, Dr. Mehru Bhatia, DDS is there to help you be your most healthy self, and oral hygiene is an essential element of this. It is a common misconception that oral health issues are confined to the mouth and head, but in some cases, they can negatively impact your general overall health. It is, therefore, important to maintain regular contact with Dr. Mehru Bhatia, DDS so that they can help protect your teeth and your health.
Achieving and maintaining healthy teeth and gums is a lifelong commitment so it is therefore crucial to have an effective oral hygiene regimen. The American Dental Association makes these recommendations:
• Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste, particularly at night as it gets rid of the germs and plaque that build up during the day.
• Clean between your teeth daily. Flossing is the most widely used method of interdental cleaning, but oral mouthwashes, interdental brushes and wood sticks can also be used. Ultimately, you should use the method that you are most likely to continue with.
• Ensure you have a healthy diet that limits the intake of sugary foods and drinks
• See your dentist regularly. The US dental profession recommends children and adults see their dentist approximately once every six months, although this frequency may change depending on your specific oral health needs.
As one of the recommendations states above, twice-yearly dentist visits are strongly recommended, both for children and adults. As good as your own oral hygiene practices may be, you will still need to see Dr. Mehru Bhatia, DDS regularly so that they can not only remove plaque build-up but can also check for other potential problems, especially if you have a history of gingivitis or cavities. Some dental insurance plans cover even more frequent dental checkups so if you find that yours is one of them, you might want to take advantage of it.
Dr. Mehru Bhatia DDS will be able to answer this by way of a dental exam. If you follow the guidelines given above, in particular going for dental check-ups approximately every six months, Dr. Mehru Bhatia will have the opportunity to check for any dental health issues that you may, or may not, be aware of. Some symptoms of dental health concerns that would necessitate an extra appointment with Dr. Mehru Bhatia DDS would be:
• slow healing ulcers, sores, or tender areas in the mouth
• bleeding or swollen gums after flossing or brushing
• chronic halitosis (bad breath)
• sensitivity to hot and cold
• toothache, or other facial pain
• loose teeth or receding gums
• pain when chewing or biting
• swelling of the face and cheek
• jaw clicking (indicative of TMJ disorders)
• broken or cracked teeth
If during an exam Dr. Mehru Bhatia DDS discovers that you have, or are in danger of developing, an oral health problem they will discuss their findings with you together with possible courses of treatment. These could include:
• Fillings – used to repair cavities, cracks, or holes in the tooth
• Crowns – used if a large portion of the tooth needs to be removed or has broken off
• Sealants – thin, protective coatings that are placed on the back teeth, or molars, to help prevent cavities.
• Root canal – used if tooth decay has reached inside the tooth to the nerve.
• Probiotics – known for their role in digestive health, and now believed to be beneficial to teeth and gums.
• Surgical options – such as bone grafts, soft tissue grafts, tooth extractions, and dental implants.
Yes, Dr. Mehru Bhatia DDS is accepting new patients in her clinic at Anaheim Hills, & the nearby area. If you have any questions relating to dental services, visit us at MySmile Dental Care. Call us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Anaheim Hills CA, Yorba Linda CA, Tustin CA, Villa Park CA, Irvine CA, Corona CA, Orange CA, and Santa Ana CA.